Wednesday, November 4, 2009

HIV testing on Animal...


For my add-on this week, I wanted to continue our discussion board discussion. The Question of the Week was quite controversial this week. For those of one who might not have read the question of the week, the question stated: "We all know that testing is done on animals to see if various compounds will work or not when it comes to human beings. We do it for the make up industry, the food industry and the pharmaceutical industry. Studies have found that testing vaccines on chimps doesn't produce the desired results because chimps live with the virus, pass it on and die from old age or hunters' bullets. Yet we persist in using them for testing. This week's question is based on the ethical dilemma of continued testing on chimps when we know they are sacrificing their lives for nothing. Do we continue to use our closest relative (because there is an over 99% DNA compatability with humans) for HIV vaccine testing or do we use humans to prove whether or not the vaccines work? " ( Linda P)




After answering this question, I became very interested in testing on animals. This class has really given me the urge to do alot of independent research. When researching this topic I found out that animal testing is one of the main ways for scientist to discover cures for diseases (FDA, 2008). Although I think it is important that we work hard towards finding cures for diseases, viruses and other illnesses, I don't think that it is right for animals to have to suffer in order for us to find these cures.




Organizations such as PETA work hard to protect animal's rights. According to PETA Organization website, they are constantly working to keep the innocent animals safe from the most dangerous creature in the world, HUMANS.



Did you know....


According to PETA over 20,000 animals are used everyday as test specimen for various experiments, of those animals almost half of them die because of the experiment. I think it is very important for us to do our research in order to find the cure for HIV, but I think with the type of technology we have today there has to be a better way for us to test. I support testing but not testing on animals in order to find the cure, we have to strive together and work hard to find other ways for us to experiment.


HIV is a serious virus and we have to find a way to stop it.

6 comments:

  1. You said, " I support testing but not testing on animals in order to find the cure, we have to strive together and work hard to find other ways for us to experiment." I believe that many scientist today are not trying to kill animals nor is its not their nature to inflict harm on animals. It is neccessary for the advancement of new drugs. There are many protocols that need to followed before testing on animals. If there was another way to do testing without animals I am sure the scientific community would exploit it as much as possible. Everyone has this image of a mad scientist sticking what ever animal he can with a new drugs just to see what happens. This is far from the truth. Unfourtantley animals are one of the better ways to ultimately find new cures, even your blog states this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee.

      Hello everyone, I want to say a special thanks to Dr OGU. for helping me get cured from herpes virus 2019 , I contacted him base on the testimonies I saw about him on the internet I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus i have tried all I can to get cured but all to know avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try I was cured by his herbal medicine and natural herbs, kindly contact him today through his email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com or text/call: +1 (719) 629 0982

      He’s waiting to help you.


      HE ALSO SPECIALIZE IN THE FOLLOWING DISEASES;

      If you have any sickness like : H I V/AIDS , CANCER , HERPES HSV 1 or 2 , GENITAL WARTS, Yeast-infection's (HPV), and Hepatitis A, B. liver diseases , Diabetes, 1 or 2. , fibroids, Chlamydia, Genital herpes, Alzheimer’s, Trichomoniasis , Tuberculosis, CAD, Gonorrhea, Epilepsy, and Syphilis.

      Delete
  2. I completely agree. I am all for finding cures for different diseases and illnesses but not at the expense of animals. But as much as I think it's wrong, it is how science continue to progess. I just think that us as people need to find better, less destructive ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t like the fact that animals get tested for cures, disease, or whatever it may be either especially if they experience pain. I think it’s not right to continue testing chimps for HIV vaccines since it is not producing the results that could be useful for humans. I believe that this matter should stop since chimps live with HIV and the results from these tests would be skewered since humans cannot live with HIV therefore making these findings irrelevant. I love animals and hate knowing or seeing them be abused so I am always against animal’s cruelty or unjustly behaviors towards them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion testing on animals is ok if the testing can help mankind. If the testing does not help mankind then I do not think it is beneficial to test and hurt animals. In this case we are just killing animals and wasting over money on this process. I think laws need to be created and enforced, which stop research companies from testing animals which have no impact on anything that is being study. If results are no being produced then there is no need to study that animal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus. Soreness/Injury  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Protoplasmic, Diarrhea. Hepatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Crubs, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  HeartBurn, Erysipelas, Thyroid, Relapsing polychondritis,  Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Smallpox, Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Depression,  Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dying in pain and full of heartbreak. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony of herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contacted him to try my luck, we talked and he sent me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cured totally. I don't really know how it happens but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete