Wednesday, September 9, 2009

HIV: Topic that interest me..


Before entering the HIV: Human Concern class I did know a little about the HIV virus. There are many topics regarding to HIV that interest me, but the topic that I interesting is the modes of tranmission. I believe this information is interesting, simply because I believe it to be extremely important.


The different modes of transmission are: contact with infected blood, semen or vaginal fluids (Web MD, 2008). Most people who contract the virus get it from having unprotected sex with an individual who is HIV positive, this is one reason I believe it to be very important that all individuals who choose to engage in sexual activities protect themselves and others by getting checked regularly and using protection. Another way to contracting the virus that is quite common is, the sharing of needles with someone with infected blood. (Web MD, 2008). We can't always control what others are doing, which is why it's really important to protect ourselves.I have empathy for all individuals with HIV, but I feel the most empathy for babies who have contracted the virus from their infected mothers. I believe these to be the saddest cases of HIV for the simple fact that the young, innocent and helpless child has become infected.


I feel HIV is a very interesting subject and I look forward to a semester of learning and discussions on this virus.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you about babies being infected being the saddest cases of HIV. They didn't even have the chance to protect themselves from HIV. Also, HIV usually turns into AIDS more quickly in children.
    I also agree that people need to use protection during sex. Lots of times people just trust someone when they say they have no STD's. What they don't realize is that even someone who is completely trustworthy could infect you unintentionally if they don't know they have HIV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your shining a light picture. Did you make it yourself?

    Holly where did you learn that HIV turns into AIDS more quickly in children? Sounds like you may want to research HIV in children for the semester.

    Allison, you will have a tough time researching transmission for the semester as those are pretty well known and there isn't much you can tell the class about it. If you want to research HIV and women that will open up a broad scope of information for you to pass on in your Did You Know column.

    I look forward to reading your future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you were about to learn as much as you wanted to during the short span of time we spent in this is course, I know I did. I am looking over my blog and I can even see for myself how much knowledge I have obtained by comparing my first blog to my last. I feel like we can all be tools used in society to help spread the word and awareness about this horrific disease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Dr. imoloa herbal medicine is the perfect cure for the HIV virus, I was diagnosed of HIV for 8 years, and every day I always looking for research to find the perfect way to get rid of this terrible disease because I always know that what we need because our health is on earth . So, on my internet search I saw several testimonies about how Dr. imoloa can cure HIV with powerful herbal medicines. I decided to contact this man, I contacted him for herbal medicines that I received via DHL courier service. And he guided me how. I asked him for a solution to take herbal medicine for two weeks. And then he instructed me to go check what I was doing. Look at me (HIV NEGATIVE). Thank God for Dr. Imoloa for using a powerful herbal remedy to cure me. he also has a cure for diseases such as Parkison's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy, anxiety disorders, autoimmune diseases, back pain, sprains, bipolar disorder, brain tumors, malignant, bruxism, bulimia, cervical disc disease, cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular disease, sprains, bipolar disorder, brain tumors, malignant, bruxism, bulimia, cervical disc disease, cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular disease, sprains, bipolar disorder, brain tumors, malignant, bruxism, bulimia, cervical disc disease, cardiovascular disease , chronic respiratory diseases, mental and behavioral disorders, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma, autoimmune mediated arthritis. Chronic kidney disease, arthritis, back pain, impotence, feta alcohol spectrum, Dysthymic Disorders, Eczema, skin cancer, tuberculosis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, bone cancer, lung cancer, mouth sores, oral cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, Addison's disease, Chronic Disease, Crohn's Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Fungal Nail Disease, Paralysis, Celia Disease , Lymphoma, Major Depression, Malignant Melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's Disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscle Dystrophy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / or {whatssapp .....+2347081986098}

    ReplyDelete